A New Portfolio Piece ~6/2/17~




You may recall how back in September, I visited a children's book writers and illustrators conference.  There, I gained tons of great inspiration and technical tips to help further my work as an illustrator.  One of my main takeaways was that I needed to start working in more horizontal compositions that allowed more space for text.  Based on this advice, I created two sketches for illustrations that backers of my Kickstarter campaign have seen from start to finish.  I just completed one of them and have started in on the next.  See my progress above or read more about the project here!

The poetry for both of these illustrations was offered up by the one and only Jim Fitzpatrick, or James David Fitzpatrick as his pen name goes.  He's an artist of various sorts, often creating multi-genre music of deep emotional resonance, though he's also an amazing poet.  Pick up a copy of his poetry book here.